William Walter Jordan House
This immense Victorian residence was built circa 1885 for George Edwin’s brother, William Walter Jordan, a local stockman, and also a son of Hugh Paxton Jordan. After 1904 it was owned by John Koch, a city alderman. An octagonal turret, scroll brackets, and corner pendants, are decorative features, which mark this fine structure. It is a rather grand bit of architecture, whose designer is unknown. It is commonly referred to as the Jordan-Koch House. NR-1986.