W.H. Smith House
William H. Smith moved from his native Louisiana to Victoria to be a tutor for John J. Welder’s children. Mr. Smith married Kathryn Fleming, and hired architects James Hull and Charles Praeger to design this Neoclassical Revival-style house which was completed in 1911. W. H. Smith was later the proprietor of the Victoria Hardware Co., and a director of the Victoria Bank & Trust Co.