T.M. O’Conner House
Thomas Marion O’Connor was the son of the legendary cattle king of Texas, Thomas O’Connor. The original Victorian Italianate dwelling was designed by Jules C. Leffland and completed in 1889. After the death of T. M. in 1910 and his wife, Mary Ellen McNamara, in 1931, their son, Lawrence Wyer O’Connor, hired Leffland’s son, Kai, to remodel the stately residence in the Neoclassical Revival style. It is an excellent example of historical layering. The home is still owned by the O’Connor family. NR-1986.