Santa Rosa Oaks Cottages
Santa Rosa has always been one of Victoria’s loveliest streets. The arching canopy of oak trees planted during the term of Mayor E. J. Blackert in 1931 speak today of the old South. Because of all the traffic to and from the Southern Pacific Depot at the east end of the street, Santa Rosa served as Victoria’s other “Main Street.” It seemed a natural thing for investors to purchase seven small, plain houses and convert them into attractive B&B’s. This endeavor lasted only a short while, but the charm of the remodeled cottages remains as a treat for those driving in the area. These houses were built around 1910-1915. All are privately owned at this time.