Robert Lewis Dabney House
Robert Lewis Dabney, Presbyterian theologian and former chief of staff to Stonewall Jackson, entered Victoria’s history at the very end of his life. The Dabneys relocated to Victoria in order to be near their son, Samuel B. Dabney, a lawyer and mayor. At that time, Samuel owned the historic Alexander H. Phillips house, just across the street to the south. On February 10, 1897, Margaret L. Dabney purchased the land – for $400 – and began construction of the house. It was built of cypress, and featured a generous wrap-around porch on the southeast side. It was stunningly remodeled recently, and was brought back to its former glory.