Old Nazareth Academy
Designed by Jules C. Leffland and constructed in 1904, this fanciful Alsatian structure is one of the city’s most important architectural landmarks. It was built to house the convent school of the Sisters of the Incarnate Word and Blessed Sacrament, a French order. Sisters from the Lyons order came to Texas in 1852 and to Victoria in 1866. NR-1986.