O’Connor Proctor Building
This striking, red brick, Romanesque Revival building was designed by architect Paul Helwig and constructed in 1895 as office space for prominent local rancher Thomas M. O’Connor and attorney David C. Proctor. Following T. M. O’Connor’s death in 1910, the building entered decades of use by numerous businesses. Carved limestone accentuates the red brick structure, which is currently owned by the Junior League of Victoria, Inc. It was stunningly restored in 2009. NR-1986; RTHL-1980.