Joe and Ella Mae Pickering House
The original construction date of this house is unknown. It is believed to have faced Moody Street and was owned by Augustus Fozzard Higgs. Purchased in 1908 by Joseph M. Pickering, owner of Anchor Lumber Yard, the house was brilliantly remodeled by Jules Leffland in 1911. The result is a Neoclassical Revival masterpiece. NR-1986.