J.B. McDonald House
This structure was built for Joseph B. McDonald and his family circa 1908. The two-story porches wrap around three elevations, and an elaborate cartouche embellishes the south gable. The house was built to the left of Mrs. McDonald’s family home. Teresa Jecker McDonald’s father, L. F. Jecker was an avid botanist whose hobby was grafting pecan trees. He grafted four of the trees on the property to walnut bases. As the McDonald’s family increased, the two families changed houses. NR-1986.