Huck Welder House
This house was built in Indianola circa 1855 by lumberman H. J. Huck. It survived the 1875 hurricane only to be assaulted anew in 1886. Huck’s son, Francis, had the house disassembled and moved to Victoria in 1887, where it was reconstructed under the supervision of Jules Leffland. In 1890 the house was purchased by John J. Welder. It was later sold to his brother, Frank and his wife, Mae Regan Welder. Much of the existing Victorian-style trim has been added, in an effort to restore the dwelling to its original appearance. The current owners have brought the historic structure back from the brink of destruction to its current beauty.