Hill O’Connor-Howard House
This brick Victorian residence was built in 1899 for Joe L. Hill, a prominent local attorney. It was later owned by Virginia Drake O’Connor, but was occupied by the family of George Howard, an O’Connor employee. The house’s brick construction is unusual for a dwelling of this type and vintage in Victoria. A Queen Anne “eyelid” dormer accents the south side of the roof. Restoration of the house was completed in 2009, during which time architectural elements long missing were restored. NR-1986; RTHL-1981.