Hauschild Opera House
George Hermann Hauschild built this impressive structure in 1893/94. The opera house occupied the top two floors; Hauschild Music Company and Hauschild Appliance Company occupied the bottom floor. Around the left side at the northwest corner of the building was the Opera House Saloon, operated by Massimo Tasin. An unfortunate addition in 1950 dramatically altered the building. Hauschild’s went out of business in the 1980’s and the building was converted to a restaurant, then a religious bookstore, an antiques mall, and an events venue.