Frank Alonzo House
Charles “Fritz” Praeger was the architect of this 1908 Neoclassical Revival residence. It was built for Frank Alonzo, an immigrant from Spain, and one of the founding directors of the Victoria National Bank. Alonzo bought ranch land and became one of the largest dealers of horses and mules in South Texas. The house’s exterior features Ionic columns, dentil and festooned molding, and an elliptical fanlight window in the front. NR-1986.