Edward Reeves Fleming House
This unusual residence was built in 1911 for Edward R. Fleming and his bride, Lillian. Mrs. Fleming was originally from Chicago and the house, designed by James Hull and Charles Praeger, reveals her influence. The neighbors, considering it plain, dubbed it the “chimney pot house.” Its exterior was altered slightly by a subsequent owner, Eliza Hughes Welder. The house remains in the Welder family. NR-1986.