Edward Power House
This Victorian-style residence was built in 1894 for pioneer cattleman Edward Power, his wife, and his five daughters. The oldest daughter, Genevieve, married James William Stevenson, a farmer and rancher. Stevenson became a state legislator and Genevieve Power Stevenson was a tireless civic worker. She was organizer of the Guadalupe Victoria Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution in 1934, and in 1959 she donated her house to that organization, the Williams P. Rogers Chapter of the United Daughters of the Confederacy, and to the James W. Fannin Chapter of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas. These three organizations still own, maintain, and headquarter in the Power Home. RTHL-1966.