Alexander Lowe House
This is the third site for this residence, which is Greek Revival with Victorian embellishments. Little is known of the house’s origin. It was built in the mid 1800s, probably in another area, and then moved to Victoria. It was purchased in 1863 by Alexander Lowe, a Mexican War veteran, local businessman, and civic leader. When Lowe owned the house it was located on the corner of Main and Commercial Streets. The house was turned to face Main Street in 1883, and was moved to its present location by Joseph V. Vandenberge, who purchased it and renovated it in the 1940s. RTHL-1965.